Should I Buy Oculus Quest 2 128 GB or 256 GB?
In case you are in the middle of considering to buy Oculus Quest 2, you might have a dilemma to choose either the 128 GB or the 256 GB? Well, there might be some factors that you can consider to decide. Let us try to help you with that..
1) Type of Games or Apps
Are you the one who play for leisure or a hardcore gamer? Well, let’s see the size of game or apps if you are a leisure or relaxing type of guy. Some samples of games or apps that we can think for this kind of persona are:
- “Wander” apps required around 410 MB of space.
- “Walkabout Mini Golf” games required around 1.64 GB of space.
- “Real VR Fishing” games required around 1.41 GB of space.
- “The Thrill of the Fight” games required around 1.12 GB of space.
Now, let’s see if you are in the category of hardcore gamers. Here are the samples that we can think of:
- “POPULATION: ONE” games required around 2.70 GB of space.
- “Resident Evil 4” games required around 7 GB of space.
- “The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners” games required around 6.79 GB of space.
- “After the Fall” games required around 3.44 GB of space.
- “Blade & Sorcery: Nomad” games required around 4.11 GB of space.
- “The Climb 2” games required around 4.29 GB of space.
- “Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond” games required a whooping 41.02 GB of space. Wow!
Well, as you can see, if your type of games are relaxing or leisure-based, then 128 GB should be sufficient enough. But, if you are an avid gamer, you might want to consider to go straight to the 256 GB specs.
2) Frequency of Buying Games
Most of the time, games are the one that will consume a lot of your storage. If you are the type of buying one game, then finish it first before buying another game, perhaps 128 GB is sufficient enough for you.
But, if you intent to keep buying games, especially when it has discount or “Daily Deal“, you might want to consider the 256 GB.
3) Install and Uninstall
Are you someone who is fine with install and uninstall activity? If you are someone who is easily lose patience or stress with that cleaning up activity, perhaps the 256 GB can release you a bit from all the mundane tasks.
4) Do You Have PCVR?
In case you already have a PCVR, which is a high-end desktop computer or laptop that can handle the VR specs, then Oculus Quest 2 128 GB should be sufficient enough for your since you will use the storage inside your PC for the games.
5) Price and Budget
This might be the most important factor for you. Let’s see what is the price for both. The price for 128GB is USD 299.00 while the price for 256GB is USD 399.00 (based from their website). You can have double the storage with additional of USD 100.00. If money and budget is not so much a matter to you, perhaps you can just close your eye and grab the latter.
We think that’s all for now. These are list of factors that we think can help you in your decision making whether to choose Oculus Quest 2 of 128 GB or the 256 GB. The choice is in your hand now.
Anyway, all the best with whatever purchase of your Oculus Quest 2. Once you buy it, we can help you on how to enjoy it for the beginner. Have fun 🙂